3.27.2006

so i went hiking today
















yeah, i said it. ME HIKING. a bit north of beirut, near jbeil (byblos).

i decided to try it despite not thinking it would be my thing, and i have concluded...

that i was entirely correct. i appreciate pretty things much more when i'm not concerned about a) slipping on wet, muddy rocks falling-down-stairs-style since it rained in the morning, and b) my bladder. and fine, i didn't have the right footwear and i was exhausted because daylight savings snuck up on me in a very serious way and the hike was much more difficult than most people anticipated, but my legs are twitching now and that's clearly not ok.

on a more positive note, at least i have a sense of what i would or wouldn't enjoy. and i managed to get some good pictures.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh stop complaining!!!
u white people dont know how to have fun...
all i do when i go to the village is walk in the nature and hike with my cousins... or maybe it's just the peasant inside of us, our grandparents (or maybe great grand parents) being from the mountains... i dont know.
anyway. nice pictures. olive trees!! thats so lebanon!
when r u coming back?
nizar

28/3/06 5:19 AM  
Blogger J.Green said...

Just got the blog from your facebook- love it. You've been added to my blogroll, keep on posting.

J.Greenberg

28/3/06 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of the clothesline....classic. Well I'll let you continue having fun I have to finish this paper...

28/3/06 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home